WEDNESDAY TRENDS – WOMAN STABS HUSBAND TO DEATH
NOT FUN BUT WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT IT!
According to government statistics:
- 30% of women who are murdered are killed by their spouses.
- Less than 9% of women are ever killed by a stranger.
- In New Zealand, 60% of the murder cases that are brought before the court are a direct result of domestic violence.
- In some countries, up to 30% of girls have experienced some form of physical violence in the home before the age of 15.
- 1 in 4 women will experience some form of domestic violence in their lifetime.
- Only 5% of men are killed by their significant other or a lover.
- Women between the ages of 20-24 have the greatest risk of becoming the victim of domestic violence.
- More than 3 million children in the US witness some form of violence in their home every year.
- Children who live in violent homes have to a 60% higher risk of suffering from neglect as well.
- On average, there are 24 people who become the victims of a violent act or will have a partner begin stalking them every minute in the United States.
- Nearly 15% of women have been injured by an act that could be classified as a crime of passion.
- Between 1994-2010, 80% of the victims of intimate violence were women.
- Up to 81% of women who become victims are repetitively victimized by the same perpetrator.
- 6 out of 10 crimes occur in the home.
- Unless crimes of passion end violently, most incidents are never reported to a law enforcement official.
- Girls who witness a crime of passion are more likely to be abused as teens or adults, especially when they are unable to receive any counselling.
- Boys, on the other hand, are more likely to become perpetrators.
- When domestic violence is included in crimes of passion statistics, the annual cost to the US economy in dealing with this issue is $37 billion.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)